This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

EGYPTIAN TAROT SCHWALLER DE LUBICZ 1926

Discussions on the history, symbolism and how to read with the The Sola-Busca, Etteilla, Minchiate, Visconti-Sforza, and other decks from the early days of cartomancy. (TdM has it's own forum)
giordanoberti
Seer

EGYPTIAN TAROT SCHWALLER DE LUBICZ 1926

Post by giordanoberti »

Dear Tarot Friends,
I am pleased to inform you of the recent publication of an almost completely unknown deck, although its creator is considered one of the greatest esotericists of the 20th century: René Schwaller de Lubicz (France 1887 - 1961).

Schwaller de Lubicz was an adept of the french branch of the Theosophical Society and since a young age had been fascinated by Tarot, Alchemy, Numerology and by the mysticism of Light and Fire, which he considered the most extraordinary instruments for the transformation of reality.
Among his many interests, he had a passion for the ancient Egyptian culture.

From 1937 to 1951 he lived in Luxor, Egypt, where he elaborated the theory according to which the temple of Amun was built according to the proportions of the human body, both to pay homage to the Supreme Divinity, as well as showing that within human beings are contained the proportions and the divine qualities.

But the Egyptian Tarot of Schwaller de Lubicz was born many years before his stay in Luxor.

In 1922, together with some theosophical friends, he moved to Saint Moritz, a high Alpine resort town on the Swiss mountains. There, Schwaller and their friends founded the Suhalia Scientific Station, where homeopathic medicines and works of art were produced, as well as experiments in alchemy and astronomical observations.

While was in Suhalia, Schwaller designed his Egyptian Tarot deck: 25 cards that his stepdaughter Lucie crafted in black and white.

The deck was printed for the first time in 1988 in a very limited number of copies.

A few years ago I picked up this deck and I decided to exalt Schwaller's work by giving the figures the right colours, drawing inspiration from the sacred paintings that can still be seen today in the ancient Egyptian temples.
Taro egizi Schwaller stesa.jpg
In the companion booklet of the deck, 90 full-color pages, I recounted the birth of Schwaller's Egyptian Tarot.

In the same booklet, Professor Aaron Cheak, an expert and great connoisseur of the life and works of Schwaller de Lubicz, resumes the most significant experiences and the core of thought of the great French esotericist.

Finally, Mme Ada Pavan Russo, an expert in Egyptology, explained the mythological content of each figure and its possible divinatory meaning. In fact, it must be remembered that Schwaller believed in divination as a divine action, that is, a ritual capable of bringing the human mind to contact with a higher dimension of reality.

According to this use, divinatory meanings have been added to each card in four languages: French, Italian, English and Spanish.

The Egyptian Tarot by Schwaller de Lubicz is available in two different editions:
DELUXE and ARTBOX
Taro Schwaller DELUXE ARTBOX versions LQ.jpg
The beautiful Egyptian style box and all the editorial graphics were designed by italian art designer Letizia Rivetti.

The cards in the DELUXE edition are in heavy cardboard, size mm 75 x 155 = 2.952 in x 6.102 in

The cards of the ARTBOX edition are standard: mm 62 x 128 = 2.440 in x 5.039 in.

Both versions are produced in a limited edition: 986 numbered copies, signed on a Guarantee Certificate.

Two talismans were added to each box set, Ankh and Uadjet, which play a symbolic role in protecting the course of divinatory experiences.
Box Deluxe .jpg
You can buy this deck from Etsy:
https://www.etsy.com/it/listing/7111856 ... nager_grid

For further information, write to
rinascimento.italianart@gmail.com

or visit the page dedicated to the Egyptian Tarot by Schwaller de Lubicz in the Rinascimento Italian Art web site:
https://rinascimentoitalianartenglish.w ... ller-1926/
Diana
Sage

Re: EGYPTIAN TAROT SCHWALLER DE LUBICZ 1926

Post by Diana »

Goodness me. Absolutely stunning. The whole thing. The cards, the history behind it, the person behind it, the 90 full colour page book with all those most likely fascinating snippets from the authors.... wow, what more can one ask for ?

You have honoured, I am sure René Schwaller de Lubicz, and through you his legacy lives on in the 21st century.

With gratitude for the excellent work and detail.

Now I'm off to read more about this most interesting person.
Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)

Return to “The Historical Decks”