This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Sintra's mysterious 'inverted tower'

Discussions and reviews of Tarot & related topics in modern culture.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: Books about Tarot de Marseilles are discussed in the TdM forum HERE
Diana
Sage

Sintra's mysterious 'inverted tower'

Post by Diana »

I was watching a "reel" on the BBC. It's about a palace and gardens in Portugal in which are these curious "inverted towers". It's all got to do with freemasonry and the Knights Templars.

It's relation to the Tarot is that all the freemasonry, templars business, and all related topics all seem to be intertwined and find their way somehow into the Tarot. The Tarot always turns up somewhere....

And particularly, the Wiki page states (without giving references unfortunately) that these inverted towers were used for ceremonial purposes that included Tarot initiation rites. I'd love to know more about what these were exactly. Difficult to research though without a knowledge of the Portuguese language. It's a pity Jean Michel David is not around - he's a Freemason and would probably have something to say about this. But he seems to have stopped dispensing his knowledge on tarot forums. Moved on I suppose.

Rumi was asked “which music sound is haram?” Rumi replied, "The sound of tablespoons playing in the pots of the rich, which are heard by the ears of the poor and hungry." (haram means forbidden)

Return to “Books, Art & Film”