This forum is officially closed. It will however remain online and active in a limited form for the time being.

Is there any Tarot book with this characteristic?

Discussions and reviews of Tarot & related topics in modern culture.
Forum rules
PLEASE NOTE: Books about Tarot de Marseilles are discussed in the TdM forum HERE
Many
Seeker

Is there any Tarot book with this characteristic?

Post by Many »

Is there such a Tarot book of any systems,
In addition to explaining the meaning of each card and the meaning of the positive and negative positions,
but also records and explains the "concept" and "traits" of each card in detail?
By "concept" what I mean, for example, whether this card reflects me, or the world, or which part of the question I want to ask etc., such as my desire part for something, or Is my escape part from something etc.
And "trait" refers to why this card is this card, why it means this meaning, not other meanings or other cards,
by another way, why this meaning is expressed in the form of this card come out.
If so, what is the title of the book? and which system does it belong to?

Thanks.
Charlie Brown
Sage

Re: Is there any Tarot book with this characteristic?

Post by Charlie Brown »

Well, understand that whatever book you get is only going to be one person's understanding of things. Therefore, you will never get an answer to "why," you will only ever get "why I believe..." You're understanding will grow by reading different perspectives and then reflecting on how those perspectives relate to your own experiences with reading the cards.

That being said, it sounds like maybe you might want 78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack.
I believe in Crystal Light.
Joan Marie
Forum Designer
Sage

Re: Is there any Tarot book with this characteristic?

Post by Joan Marie »

Charlie Brown wrote: 17 Dec 2019, 15:36 That being said, it sounds like maybe you might want 78 Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel Pollack.
That's an excellent recommendation.
Button Soup Tarot, Star & Crown Oracle available @: Rabbit's Moon Tarot 💚

Return to “Books, Art & Film”